Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kim Ramsey, National Renal Alliance - Nashville Business Journal:

eragywaqer.wordpress.com
What do you do? My job is excitinhg because every day bringssomething different. The aread I cover are broad and includes functions such ashiring physicians, disaster planning, lobbyin for dialysis reform, developing collateral materials for the companyy and developing joint ventures with hospitals and physiciahn groups. What led you to your current role? A weatherr delay landed me in the terminalof O'Hare Airport in Chicago with the CEO. He was travelint with some investment bankers doinh a roadshow to raise the equity to start NationapRenal Alliance. We all chatted in the terminakland then, by chance, I sat next to the CEO on the flight back to Nashville.
When we he told me he wanted me to come workfor him, and that he was goingv to call me when everything was in Six months later, my phone rang with an invitation to join his managemeng team. I was the fifth employee and we did not even have letterhea or a copy much less anydialysis clinics, the firstt day I started. Now, we have over 600 employeess and 50 facilities in ten statese in less thensix years. To what do you attributde yourearly success? It was, without a doubt, havintg someone that believes in you. I honestlgy did not know anythinyg about dialysis or have many of the skills needed formy position. Our CEO took a huge chance inhiring me.
I literallyt stopped him in the interviewaand said, "Why in the world would you want to hire He replied that a good company is built on good and that his philosophy is to find the best peoplse he can and then developsx jobs for them. What has been your biggest professionalmistake ? My biggest professional mistake was waiting too long to get involved in professional organizations. The relationships that I have built through those organizations are definitely one of the biggestg reasons that I am where I am at in mycareer today. Is there a famous quote that inspiress you? "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how closed they were to success when theygave up.
" -- Thomasd Edison What role has mentorship playedf in your career? Mentorship has been critical to my My mentors were a driving force in me completinhg my master's degree in communications and also in recentl returning to school to pursue my MBA. I reallg do not think I would have done either of the programs without the encouragement ofmy mentors.

No comments:

Post a Comment