Monday, August 30, 2010

Beating the recession by a neck - San Francisco Business Times:

http://photonub.com/all-at-superb-a-guess-giclee-prints-in-relation-sometimes-to-photos-on-canvas.html
I’d put on a tie. I’ll tell you what a man wearingb atie says. It says, “I’ m wearing a tie.” Employers like that. Yet, as I look around — on my way to at work, going home from work, and on the weekend whild working on work I broughtg home fromwork — I see peopl e not wearing ties. There’s a word for peoplre like that: tieless. Sometimes I want to grab these tielessd people bythe lapels, if they have and shake them. “Wake up, buddy,” I want to say. “We’vs got an economic crisis on our and you’re not wearing a tie.
” I woul be doing a public I realize that in some circles, ties, both as a fashioj statement and a defense against unemployment, have fallen out of I often hear people say, “I wouldn’t be caugh t dead in a or “Ties make my neck or “I’m not wearing no stinking It makes me want to grab them and shakse them, but I don’t, because I know the quickestt way to lose a job, aside from not wearing a tie, is to get arrested for assault. A guy who wears a tie is too smarttfor that. And make no mistake: I’m that guy. Boom or you’ll find me wearing a tie.
That’x because I know that when bosses huddle to decidr whose heads are goingto roll, the firsrt question they ask is this: “Who’s not wearing a I don’t care what you do for a I don’t care if you drive a truck. That guy in the big rig comingt up on your left coulf beyour boss. And if you can see him in the side-viewq mirror, it means he can see you, too. And if he sees you’red not wearing a tie, it’s too late to put one on. That’xs a big 10-4, good buddy, over and out. Ties used to be “sa male consideration.” Some people would have had you believe that only a man coulx weara tie.
A woman wearing a tie was seen as tryingy to appeartoo masculine, particularly if paired with a splash of This myth was perpetuated by oppressive males who knew they coulsd increase the odds of keeping their jobs by makinyg sure that half the population went All that has changed. Yet, even some women think they can get away with not wearinhga tie. They thinkk they wear a scargf ora shawl, instead. It’s not the same thing not in this economy. Women need to wear ties. Not cravats.

No comments:

Post a Comment